Tasty fish with homemade salsa wrapped in a tortilla?! Yes please! This recipe came about because one day I popped my head off the couch pillow and said “I’m gonna make fish tacos!” and Husband said “OK”…. this is how most of our culinary decisions happen.
Makes 4 servings: 252 calories | 28g carbs | 24 g protein | 6g fat
Here’s what you need!
1 pound tilapia (or whatever fish your seafood loving head desires)
the juice of 2 limes (or lemons.. I used lemons… because I ran out of limes)
2 tsp taco seasoning
crushed red pepper
1/2 cup cucumber, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
salt and pepper
cilantro (fresh or dried)
4 tortillas (I used Mission brand medium soft taco tortillas… the calories for the recipe reflect this)
Here’s what you do!
1. In a bowl, combine the cucumber, onion, jalapeno and the juice of one lime (or lemon). Add cilantro, salt and pepper to taste, refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Preheat over to 375˚F
3. Place your fish on a baking sheet. Apply salt, pepper, taco seasoning, and crushed red pepper liberally.
4. Bake fish for 20-30 minutes or until opaque and flaky
5. Remove fish from over and use a fork to break into bite size pieces.
6. Assemble your taco!!! Top with my crema for a tangy twist!
*If seafood in a taco shell is your thing… check out these Shrimp Wonton Tacos my friend Carrie made!